Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If make a purchase through these links, we receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Please see our disclosure for more info.
What you’ll get on this page:
Audrey Hepburn is famous for her memorable movie roles in the 1950s and 60s. But Hepburn was not only an accomplished actress, she was also a humanitarian who spent the latter part of her life helping underprivileged children and mothers across the globe through UNICEF.
Born in 1929 in Brussels, Belgium, Hepburn was the daughter of a Dutch baroness and a businessman. She began modeling in the 1940s and eventually made her way to the United States.
Throughout her career, Hepburn was regarded as one of the most beautiful and accomplished actresses of her time; she also had quite the personality! She appeared in such films as Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Roman Holiday, and My Fair Lady, and during her lifetime she won a Tony, Grammy, Emmy, and Oscar, which has only been achieved by a handful of others.
When Audrey Hepburn died in 1993 at the age of 63, the world lost not only a talented actress, but a woman of wisdom and compassion.
The following 107 Audrey Hepburn quotes reveal much about her personality and the way she lived her life.
1. Audrey Hepburn was a trained dental assistant before she was an actress.
2. Minutes after winning the Academy Award for Best Actress in Roman Holiday Hepburn misplaced her statue, accidentally leaving it in the restroom. It was quickly recovered in time for her to pose for photographs.
3. Hepburn made a vow to herself never to exceed 103 pounds. With the exception of her pregnancies, she succeeded.
4. Her birth name was Audrey Kathleen Ruston. The name Hepburn actually belongs to her Great-Grandmother.
5. Hepburn resorted to eating tulip bulbs and attempting to bake grass into bread to survive while living under Nazi occupation in the Netherlands during WWII.
6. A year after Marilyn Monroe famously serenaded JFK on his birthday in 1962, Hepburn performed the same song for the president for his final birthday in 1963.
7. Disney princess Aurora was modeled after Audrey Hepburn.
8. Hepburn’s famous little black dress from Breakfast at Tiffany’s sold at an auction for approximately $920,000. This makes the dress one of the most expensive pieces of film memorabilia in history.
Audrey Hepburn’s legacy will live on in her fine work and the inspiring messages she left for the world. She was a giving and compassionate person who believed that there was good in all humans. These famous Audrey Hepburn quotes prove her dedication to the betterment of society. We hope you enjoyed them.