Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If make a purchase through these links, we receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Please see our disclosure for more info.
Michael Jeffrey Jordan was born February 17, 1963 in Brooklyn, New York. He is widely accepted as the greatest basketball player of all time.
Jordan’s family moved to North Carolina when he was young, and while in high school, he played several different sports including basketball, football, and baseball. He eventually decided to focus on basketball and became a star player in high school. He played college basketball at North Carolina, where he was a sensation on the court and won several prestigious player of the year awards.
In 1987, Jordan began playing professionally for the Chicago Bulls. During his time with the franchise, he lead the team to numerous championship titles, and the Bulls dominated the sport while Jordan played for them.
Michael Jordan, went into retirement twice before he finally ended his career in 2003. His phenomenal playing and positive attitude made him a popular player both during and after his career.
These Michael Jordan quotes encompass the ambition and dedication of this talented athlete.
- Michael Jordan has Aqua phobia, an extreme fear of water. When he was young, he was with a friend when his friend drowned in the ocean.
- Even MJ had a turning point in his career. In just in his third match of playing in the NBA, he score 37 points and 5 assists against Milwaukee Bucks, which brought the Bulls back into the game.
- On February 14, 1990, his famous number 23 jersey was stolen. He had to wear a number 12 jersey against Orlando Magic.
- Michael Jordan ate the exact same thing before every game. His game-time meal included a 23-oz steak, a baked potato, and ginger ale.
- Michael Jordan wasn’t too fond of his first shoes, the Air Jordan 1. His viewpoint changed when he realized that the other team got distracted by them.
- Although a billionaire now, Jordan was never extremely rich before 1997. He received two big contracts worth $30 and $33 million in 1997 and 1998, but before that he never earned more than $4 million in one season.
- During his first year with Washington Wizards, he was paid $1 million. He donated all of his contract to victims of 9/11.
- His father was murdered while sleeping. This is what led to his early retirement in 1993.
- Jordan had no visible tattoos while he was a professional athlete; he does have ink though. He has the Greek letter Omega tattooed on his chest where his heart is, showing his commitment to his Omega Psi Phi fraternity, the first predominantly African-American fraternity to be founded at Howard University.
- When Jordan and Juanita Vanoy divorced in 2006 it was the most expensive celebrity divorce of all time. Juanita walked away with about $168 million.
- In 1992, Jordan was the part of USA Basketball team at the Olympic Games in Barcelona where he won a gold medal. His team name was Dream Team.
- His Air Jordan shoes make about $60 million every year over Nike and Jordan brand royalties.
- A pair of his Jordan’s earliest Nikes were purchased for over $71K at an auction.
- His Michael Jordan brand made an estimated $2.25 billion in 2013. Jordan reportedly netted about $90 million.
- Michael Jordan still makes $100 million a year. This made him one of the highest paid retired athletes in 2015.
These famous Michael Jordan quotes show his perseverance as an athlete and as a person striving to better himself throughout life. I hope you enjoyed these messages of strength and dedication.