Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If make a purchase through these links, we receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Please see our disclosure for more info.
What you’ll get on this page:
Legendary British musician, John Lennon, was a member of the iconic band The Beatles in the 1960s and 70s and made a name for himself after the band broke up as a solo artist and activist.
Lennon was born in Liverpool, England in 1940. He formed his first band in the 1950s, which eventually became The Beatles. The Beatles took America by storm in the 1960s and are the most commercially successful band of all time.
After the break up of The Beatles, Lennon continued writing and performing music, this time with his wife, Yoko Ono. He dealt with deportation problems due to his political views but eventually settled into life as a husband and father in New York City.
On December 8th, 1980, Lennon was shot and killed outside of his apartment building in New York. The perpetrator was a former fan. Although Lennon’s life was short, he gave the world his timeless music, and he was an advocate of peace among people.
These 101 John Lennon quotes express the mentality full of peace and love that this talented musician had.
- While on tour, John Lennon enjoyed playing Monopoly.
- John Lennon’s first band, The Quarrymen, would often practice in the bathroom, where Lennon stood shoe-less in the bathtub.
- John Lennon was once a choir boy and a Boy Scout. Lennon began his singing career as a choir boy at St. Peter’s Church in Liverpool and was a member of the 3rd Allerton Boy Scout troop.
- John Lennon didn’t like the sound of his own voice and liked to double-track his records. He asked the band’s producer, George Martin, to cover the sound of his voice on many occasions.
- John Lennon got his driver’s license at the age of 24. Everyone who knew him personally thought he was a terrible driver.
- The harmonica was the first instrument Lennon learned to play.
- John Lennon was legally blind without his iconic glasses.
- John Lennon appeared on the first ever cover of Rolling Stone magazine.
John Lennon’s life and death had a profound impact on the world. John Lennon’s quotes and messages of peace resonate in today’s society, and his music and words will carry on for generations.
Please share your thoughts about John Lennon and tell us which quotes are your favorite.