Bruce Lee was a famous martial artist, actor, and philosopher who was born on November 27th, 1940 in Chinatown, San Francisco. Lee was raised in Hong Kong, but returned to the United States for college where he studied philosophy at the University of Washington.
Bruce Lee began teaching martial arts and opened his own school where he trained some of Hollywood’s leading men. It was during this time that Lee was cast in The Green Hornet and began an acting career that included several famous martial arts movies such as Way of the Dragon and Enter the Dragon.
Tragically, Lee died in 1973 at the age of 33 from a cerebral edema after having an allergic reaction to pain medication.
These 114 Bruce Lee quotes epitomize his respect for humanity and his desire that everyone achieve personal growth through self-reflection.
- Bruce Lee once kicked a man so hard that it broke a bystander’s arm when the man he had kicked fell into him.
- Due to Bruce Lee’s bad eye sight, he was one of the very first people to try contact lenses. Contact lenses were very uncomfortable back in those days!
- Bruce Lee’s kicks were extremely fast which we all know. But what you may not have known is that in one of the scenes in Enter the Dragon they had to re-film the scene in slow motion so that viewers wouldn’t think it was fake!
- Bruce Lee was a huge Muhammad Ali fan. He used to watch his fights on film obsessively.
- Bruce Lee was the voice behind most of the English voices in his films.
- Bruce Lee’s secret hobby was writing poetry. He was actually pretty good at it.
- Bruce Lee was a champion Cha Cha Dancer in Hong Kong! He won a Cha Cha dancing competition when he was in high school. A man of many talents!
- Bruce Lee practiced 5000 punches each day. This explains the power he had!
- Bruce Lee had the sweat glands in his armpits surgically removed.
- Bruce was born on the Chinese Year of the Dragon, on the Day of the Dragon, and on the hour of the Dragon.
- Known for legendary workouts, Lee could do up to 200 pushups – on only one finger or 100 on one thumb!
- He personally trained Kareem Abdul Jabbar in kung fu, and the two often sparred together.
- Despite playing enemies in Way of the Dragon, Chuck Norris was good friends with Lee, and was a pallbearer at his funeral.
- Lee mastered Kung Fu so quickly that he developed his own martial art called Jeet Kune Do
Bruce Lee’s legacy lives on in the enduring popularity of his martial arts films and in the truly inspiring words he left behind. I hope these famous Bruce Lee quotes help you to achieve personal fulfillment in your lives.