Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If make a purchase through these links, we receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Please see our disclosure for more info.
Here at keepinspiring.me, it’s our job to inspire you, motivate you, and instill a deep burning passion within you to do better and be better.
And one of the most frequent questions we get is:
What’s the meaning of inspiration to you?”
Well, we’ve thought it over and have come up with an answer…
Definition of Inspiration
Now, if you Google “definition of inspiration”, some dictionary sites will give you something like this:
Definition of inspiration:
- “The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially something creative.” Source: Oxforddictionaries.com
- “A feeling of enthusiasm you get from someone or something, which gives you new and creative ideas.” Source: Collinsdictionary.com
- “An inspiring or animating action or influence.” Source: Dictionary.com
- “A divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation.” Source: Merriam-Webster.com
- “The excitement of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.” Source: Thefreedictionary.com
Here at Keepinspiring.me, we define inspiration as follows:
Inspiration is when you feel a deep-rooted passion and motivation to do something.
We are all inspired by different thing and in different ways. Yet, inspiration is all around you and can appear at a moment’s notice.
- You may see a young man helping an elderly woman with her groceries and get inspired to help others.
- You may see your good friend order Mexican food in spanish and get inspired to learn a new language.
- You may read an inspirational quote and get inspired to finish your work/school project.
The trick is to learn how to tap into this inspiration that’s constantly around you all the time…
How to Discover Inspiration
Now, to help you discover your inspiration, we’ve broken things down into these five easy-to-follow steps:
Step 1. Observe your surroundings
In order to become inspired, you need to observe your surroundings. As we mentioned before, opportunities to become inspired are happening all the time, you just need to be aware of them. So instead of texting with your friend on the phone or checking Facebook, try observing your surroundings. Look around, watch what other people are doing, and get involved.
Step 2. Tap into your emotions
You’ll also need to tap into your emotions on how you feel when you see things happening. If something makes you feel good, motivated, and inspired, then do it.
Step 3. Take action
The moment you feel inspired, take action immediately. Don’t wait a minute, day, or week to get started. If you feel inspired to learn something, sign up for a class right away. If you feel inspired to do something, send an email to someone who can help you get started.
Step 4. Start small
If you’re just starting to tap into your inspiration, start small. Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Eisenstein didn’t change the world in a day. They made small changes and slowly built on it.
Step 5. Keep it up
Inspiration looks and feels a little different for everyone. It’s that when that inner flame kicks in and you feel that passion and motivation to do something. And if you start doing something and that flame burns out, don’t worry, just keep trying and revisit that initial thought and feeling when you were first inspired.
And leave a comment on what the meaning of inspiration means to you below to help inspire others…