Tupac Amaru Shakur was an American rapper, poet, actor, and activist. He was born in Harlem in 1971, and from an early age, showed an interest in the arts and honed his skills at the schools he attended.
Tupac acted in plays and rapped during high school, and after his family moved to California in 1988, his music career began to take off when he was hired by the group Digital Underground and began rapping in some of their songs. In 1992, Tupac released his debut album which was met with controversy; he also began acting in films such as Poetic Justice and Above the Rim. During his career, Tupac released four more albums which exhibited his political and social messages.
During a trip to Las Vegas in 1996, Tupac was shot and died 6 days later. He was only 25 years old. After his death, five more studio albums featuring his music were released.
Throughout Tupac’s life and after his death, his music, poetry, and messages left an indelible imprint on society. Many hail him as one of the greatest rappers of all time.
These 109 Tupac quotes exhibit the creativity and genius of this incredible artist.
- Tupac’s real name was Lesane Parish Crooks. His mother actually renamed him almost a year after he was born.
- Tupac attended Baltimore School for the Arts. While attending BSFA, he had a ballet class and played The Mouse King in the Nutcracker.
- Tupac dated Madonna!
- Before Tupac died, he was cast to act in the movies Cool Runnings, Higher Learning, Menace II Society, and How To Be A Player.
- Tupac purchased Biggie’s first Rolex.
- Tupac’s net worth would be about $40 million today. That’s without considering any other money he would have made outside of the work he had done before his death.
- Tupac auditioned for the role of “Bubba” in Forrest Gump.
Tupac has remained a popular rapper almost 20 years after his untimely death. These famous Tupac quotes illustrate his ability to entwine political and social messages in his music and poetry as a way to inspire others to persevere.